As an experienced Network Specialist, you will join the system engineering team and contribute to the integration, testing, installation and commissioning of our Air Traffic Management (ATM) and communications solutions (AMHS, DATIS, VCCS, VRRS, …) based on off-the-shelf server, workstations, routers, switches, and other network components.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist engineering with design tasks, network wiring diagrams, and the preparation of technical specifications, data sheets, manuals and instruction procedures.
- Preparation of Testing Plans and Procedures for Factory and Onsite Test.
- Participate in system integration: setup, configuration, network wiring, testing.
- Prepare and conduct Factory activities with the customer such as Inspection/Analysis/Demonstration/Testing.
- Travel to site for system installation, implementation, commissioning, and Site Acceptance.
- Preparation of training materials and conduct systems Factory and Onsite Training.
- Conduct Site Surveys and prepare reports.
- Perform Bill of Materials pricing and parts procurement.
- Carry out the troubleshooting/repair of “out of specification” products.
- Maintain, modify and repair applications; perform preventive maintenance activities; provide user support considered an asset.
- Education in computer or networking technology.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with IT systems and installations of network infrastructure.
- Expertise in Linux and Microsoft Operating Systems, and their network configuration.
- Cisco CCNA Certification considered an asset.
- Possess a strong knowledge of various network concepts and architectures.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office tools and Microsoft Visio.
- Must be able to pass and maintain a security clearance.
- Extensive experience in field installation, optimization, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting aeronautical electronics equipment.
- Manual abilities, troubleshooting and scientific knowledge.
- Bilingual (Preferred): English, French.